Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Rains

We must be in the middle of a mini-wet period here in Colorado.  Last October it rained for a week straight, washing out roads, flooding homes, business, and entire towns, and of course, destroying the roof over my storage closet.

This week, it's been raining since Tuesday night, and though weather reports said it would be tapering off last night, it's still raining.

From a gardening perspective, I say bring it.  My summer annuals are blooming and my veggies are producing. I just fertilized before the rains, so it's like a one-two punch of nutrition and moisture, and once the hot weather returns, the plants will be loving life.

But that said, I was kind of hoping for a semi-nice day today.   Truth is, I'm a Sexy Beast and this is my idea of paradise:



No comments: