Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Rage At the Dying of the Light

Now bear with me, gentle reader, as I have some bad news to share.  My Grandpa Espinoza, the last remaining grandparent I had, has died.

I found out about it on Wednesday.  He died on the 12th.

In this age of instantaneous world-wide connections, how I ask can news travel so slowly?  The answer is simple:  It was spite.  Pure, black-hearted spite. 

It was also --and I choose my words carefully-- a conspiracy.  My Aunt Terri conspired with all the other Texas people to keep this information from us, knowing exactly how fucked up that is, and doing it anyway.

There are so many unanswered questions about Grandpa's death, and no one can be trusted to be straight with us.  It's a damn shame.

You can read an obituary here.  Somehow my comment made it, though my Mom's hasn't.  Hmmm...

If a commenter so chooses, the website allows people to send you messages.  I sent this to my Aunt Terri:
I didn't think it is possible but you have reached a new low.  Seeing this obituary made me want to puke.  You write gushingly about the passing of this great man, but couldn't resist being disrespectful to his memory.  He was loved not just by you and Bill, by Sam and Liz, by Emily, but BY US ALL.  He has grandkids and great-grandkids who loved him and will mourn his passing.

Do not expect the same when you're gone.  You will have no kids.  No grandkids.  No great-grandkids.  Your vision of this family will die with you.

And the family will live on without you. 

You can't hurt us anymore.  There are no more graves you can defile, no more legacies you can disrespect.  This is the last gasp of a sad old woman who has already been disowned.  I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

So sorry, James. Grandparents hold a special place in our hearts. I think of mine often. Obviously I don't know the details, but it's a shame for all involved that your relatives chose to handle things the way they did. Your grandfather deserved better, but based on your words I'm sure he knew how much you loved him. That picture is precious.

James said...

Thanks. You got it right, a shame. I personally didn't expect a phone call. I knew I'd hear about it on the grapevine.

But what bugs me the most about it is that I thought my Uncle Jim would be one of the first ones called. That was his Dad and they always had a special bond. It was not only disrespectful for Grandpa, but for Jim as well.

Indeed, what my Aunt Terri has done to my Uncle Jim is unforgivable. I'm going to hell for saying that, but when I get there, I'll say it to her face.

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Sounds like a real mess, James. At least you turned out differently. I'm sure your gramps is pleased about that. Condolences to Uncle Jim as well. Where's he been, anyway? I used to enjoy his rants on here :)