Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

The Roof

Today I put the final nail in the roof project.  Last weekend I put up the first layer, 3/4 inch plywood, then a layer of roofing felt, then another layer of 1/2 inch plywood.  I'm sure my method was non-standard, but it's solid.

Yesterday I put down the roofing felt, drip edges, and shingles.  Today I finished up with the flashing.



I have to say, it looks like shit.
But it's rot-free and should not leak until I sell the place.



Of course, now I have a huge mess to clean up...
But I can do the inside of the closet --the drywall, the floor, etc. -- at my leisure.

Next up...the backdoor.


1 comment:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

I don't think that looks like shit at all! I'm totally impressed, actually. Granted, I can't fix shit so I'm easily impressed. Changing a light bulb is about the extent of my fix-it abilities.