Pages

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Wrong Answer

If you're tempted to slag your own country the day after its Independence Day....you might be a libertarian.

When his son asked why they didn't have a flag outside their house, this writer for Reason Magazine answered:
"We don't have an American flag because I'm not especially patriotic. I think the basic principles on which the country was founded were pretty good, but it's gone downhill since then. There's not enough freedom left to celebrate."
 I mean, I don't really care if you have a flag hanging on your house.  I used to have one, but then one day it blew down and I just never put it back up. 

But to develop a principled stand against flying the flag because "there's not enough freedom left to celebrate" is just fucking foolish.

Dude, you're free to fly the flag.  You're free NOT to fly the flag.  Not only are you free to raise your son in an unpatriotic household, you're free to brag about how stupid you are on the internet, too.

What more do you want?

No comments: