Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

In the Ghetto

The planting mound out front is looking good.
The roses are blooming in Bushwhack Alley.  I will either have to sacrifice these at some point or move them elsewhere.  They were here when I bought the place and from them I learned a minor lesson:  Don't plant roses in your walkway.
Do, however, plant petunias in a box.
And if you plant perennials, you have less planting to do next year.  The only addition I made to this arrangement is a marigold plant, which is not even visible in this photo.
Nearby, however, I planted all kinds of vegetative goodness.
And now for the art piece.  I call this "Still Life With Rose and Some Other Flower."
And this one I call "It Finally Bloomed."



2 comments:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Lookin good!

katrocket said...

As always, the ghetto garden is beautiful despite the rough start you had this year. Nice work, James!