Pages

Friday, March 01, 2013

The Cat's Out of the Bag

I found out today I have a secret admirer.

Which is funny because I feel a lot of things, but I don't really feel admired.  But my boss told me about it and I just couldn't stop laughing.  I guess she's been bugging him about it for who knows how long, years?

"Who's that guy?  He's cute.  Tell him I like him."  Today's the first I heard about it.

Turns out I smiled at her when I went out for a smoke, and I had to think back.  I smiled at a lady?  So I'm trying to think...when did I smile at a lady?

It occurred to me later that I had run into her today, by the door, just me going through it, her standing there talking on her phone.  There was a smile, and then I walked off.

Thinking back on it, I got a message from her on the company's intranet around my anniversary, but I didn't really think too much of it.  Our company's social media thing is not really something I'm into.  I'm more of a NSFW kind of guy.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny.  All this time I've been an object of this lady's desire, and I didn't even know it.

Don't get too excited.  She's too old for me and I won't date any of the women at work.  Except for the CEO's assistant.  She's very good looking:  tall, dark hair, exotic eyes, and she's the CEO's assistant.  I'd date her.

2 comments:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Well, even if you're not interested it certainly is nice to be admired.

Regardless of age, from what I can tell, it wouldn't be a match anyway. I imagine you with someone who has the balls to approach you and take a risk, not someone who pines over you silently from afar and asks others to tell you they "like" you.

James said...

It's funny because I have talked to her in the past, but I didn't realize she had the hots for me. I just thought she was friendly.

My boss did ask if it was high school or something, though.