Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stop the Bullshit

Last time I re-uped my cellphone plan, I decided that was going to be the last contract I ever signed with a cellphone provider. I regretted it almost immediately.  I got stuck with an inferior phone, a huge monthly bill, and I can't get out of it.

Cue T-Mobile's CEO John Leger, making sense:
"Customers love smartphones, everyone hates contracts," he said, equating the longstanding industry model to "smartphone hell." He said, "if you come to T-Mobile, you've signed your last contract." The verbal barbs kept coming as Legere touted T-Mobile's just-launched LTE network. To demonstrate his confidence in the carrier's s new strategy, Legere said plainly "if we suck this month, drop us. Go somewhere else."
 Ah, I love the smell of the free market in the morning.

No comments: