Pages

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Another Aurora Massacre

I don't think this would have made the national news if it weren't for that fucker James Holmes.

(CNN) -- A barricaded gunman and three people were found dead in an Aurora, Colorado, home after police exchanged fire with the gunman to end a standoff Saturday, authorities said.
I have to say, it's kind of bothered me these last few months that "Aurora" has become short hand for our national gun crime nightmare. I suspect the people of Newtown know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'll never forget presenting my ID to a guy in Taos shortly after the theater shootings, not even thinking about where I live, just the business at hand. His eyebrows went up and he goes, "Aurora, huh?"

Yeah, dude. People don't just die here. We live here.

1 comment:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the headline on CNN myself. It's a shame.