Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Texas Hippie Coalition

While I tuned into KBPI to hear reactions to Nasty's departure, I inadvertently exposed myself to this band:  The Texas Hippie Coalition.

This isn't the song they played, but it's interesting for a couple of reasons.  For one, I love that they have a big bearded fat guy as the singer and that he's going to do all the rock star poses anyway. He has an interesting voice, too, part Oderus from GWAR, part Pete Steele from Type O Negative.  I also love the title of the song:  Pissed off and Mad About It.  (Twice as pissed!) 

The song's okay.  It has a nice groove, but for the most part only one gear.  Towards the end, though, the guy starts doing this throat singing thing that's straight out of Tuva. Talk about a Kargyraa moan.



This is the song I heard on the radio, which is okay too.  I really liked it at first, but then the first verse ended and the chorus started.  We went from musically and lyrically interesting to....meh.



We start here:

Little Sarah was from Texas
She was the preacher's daughter
She never practiced much of
Those things her father taught her

And end here:

C'mon, C'mon, C'mon, Turn it Up

Boring!

No comments: