Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Yes We Can? Yes, Weed Id

In addition to giving our electoral votes to Barack Obama (your welcome), Colorado also legalized marijuana for recreational use. Medical marijuana is and always was a sham towards that end and, well.....I guess it worked!

This, I did not know: 
 The elimination of penalties for possessing up to an ounce of marijuana (if you are 21 or older) takes effect right away in both states. But the provisions allowing commercial production and sale of cannabis for recreational use require regulations that will be written during the next year. The Washington Liquor Control Board has until December 1, 2013, to adopt regulations for marijuana growers, wholesalers, processors, and retailers. The deadline in Colorado, where cannabis businesses will be overseen by the state Department of Revenue, is July 1, 2013. Colorado's law, unlike Washington's, also allows home cultivation of up to six plants and nonprofit transfers of up to an ounce, so Colorado pot smokers will have an immediate state-legal source of marijuana.
I had a "red card" for a year, and while I did get it so I could go to the weed store, I also intended to get some clones. I never did, though. Might have to reconsider.

2 comments:

katrocket said...

First of all, I'm hella jealous.

Secondly, this could be the best Ghetto Garden EVER.

KickinAssTakingNames said...

I second Katrocket. Let us know when your first crop comes in.