Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!  It's just another 40 hour work week for me, with no sleep and a family get together wedged in there somewhere.  I don't mind too much.  I'm a big boy.

What I mind are the dummies I had to talk to tonight. I spent fifteen minutes trying to help two different people locate a power cable.  My mind reels whenever this happens.  I simply cannot understand how locating a power cable can be difficult.

Reading and interpreting the event logs, configuring the operating system, mapping out the network routing ...that's the complicated stuff.  Unplugging and plugging in a computer?  That's basic, man.  Basic. 

This is precisely why I want a career change.  Someone needs to guide these know-nothings along, but who said it had to be me?

No comments: