Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2012

A Dream or a Nightmare

I was pulled out of third stage REM sleep this morning by the alarm, and I was grateful.

I had a dream that war was imminent. As in, they're a mile a way and they're coming here. My job was to secure a house, not my house but I'll call it that. I had my niece Angelina with me and we moved everything down to the crawlspace, food, water, bedrolls, lights, kitties, everything you'd need to survive a siege, and waited.

My niece drifted off to sleep on her bedroll and I became bored and restless.  I wanted to see what was going on outside, so I crept out of the hatch and went down to this dry creek bed where we were setting up defensive positions.  My brother was there and we talked for a little bit.

Then I looked over my shoulder at the house, at the field around it, and I saw them, our enemies.  They weren't soldiers but civilians, armed with all kinds of farm implements and such, scythes, pitchforks, stuff like that.  They were closer to the house than I was and I panicked.

I started running toward the house.

"Where you going?" my brother shouted after me.

"I have to go get Angel," I said.

And that's when the alarm went off.  Man, was I grateful when I woke and realized it was all a dream.  The fear, the panic, the sheer terror....that was real.

3 comments:

uncle "one shot one kill" jim said...

You left her alone? Hello dumbass. I was at the dry creek with your brother. We were setting up an ambush NOT defensive positions. It would have worked too untill your panzie civilian ass had to go "be-bopping" in our kill zoze.

James said...

Ha! You were setting up an ambush, huh? Cuz to me, it looked like you were wearing a tutu while you were decorating your pink Hummer with Marine Corp stickers.

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Uncle Jim is back!