Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Nerd Alert

I work with a lot of nerds.  Hell, I'm pretty much a nerd myself.

But this new guy, woah, man...he takes the nerd cake.  You pass around the nerd list and I'll check off a couple of them.  I have read some comic books.  I have played some video games.  But I'm not into anime, don't think sword and sorcery is very cool, and would rather watch the game than those sci-fi shows where the aliens are wearing goofy make-up.

This new guy is die-hard about video games, gay for comic books, lurves him some S&S, D&D, and Magic the Gathering.

Today he was talking about the potential for the movies set in the Marvel universe.  He was saying things like, "When they get to the sixth one, they can really start exploring Marvel Civil War."

I wanted to say, "Dude, I don't even know what that is."

Me, my take on it is a little bit different.  I think Marvel should be careful about rolling out these movies, at least from a business perspective.  It's blockbusters now, but get a backlash going and watch it go bust.  Ask George Lucas.  Ask Spielberg.

Also, I'd prefer that comic book movies don't suck up all the oxygen in the room money in Hollywood  so there's room for different types of movies.  Enough with the nerd epics, man.

This is what I'm talking about.

No comments: