Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Get Ready for the Buycott

Uh-oh...Papa John's is talking about raising prices because of Obamacare.

Cue idiot Republicans ordering over-priced pizza in solidarity...

This part cracks me up:

One Papa John's franchise owner in Texas, Judy Nichols, says the law could interfere with her ability to open more restaurants.
“I have two options, I can stop offering coverage and pay the $2,000 fine, or I could keep my number of staff under 50 so the mandate doesn't apply,” she told Legal Newsline. Nichols added that the law may cost her between $20,000 to $30,000 extra in taxes. “Obamacare is making me think about cutting jobs instead," she said.
Do it then.

I'm pretty tired of this lady's thought process.  She's got 85 employees, 85 people who work for wages so she can keep the profits.  And hey, that's how it is in this unkind world of ours.  You own the company, or you work for one. 

What bothers me is this lady sees only two options, and neither of them results in any grief for herself.  She can, in her own words, "stop offering coverage" and prove herself to be an asshole boss who no one should work for, or "cut jobs instead."

Why should she sacrifice a damn thing for her business?  She makes the money.  They make the sacrifices and the pizza.

2 comments:

justacoolcat said...

Do you know who won't pay 10 cents more for a pizza so everyone can have healthcare? Sociopaths.

James said...

Sociopath, liberal, terrorist....same difference.