Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Couple More

The newest addition to my "skull" collection. As you can see, I'm not kidding about the rainy Arizona thing.
Just before hitting Albuquerque, we hit a massive traffic jam.  We were stopped for, literally, hours on a hot New Mexico highway.  People were getting out of their cars and having conversations.  I helped a couple of old ladies over the highway barrier so they could pee.  A passerby said, "Woah, look at those white butts."

Turns out the Fire Chief was killed in the wreck, so it didn't just suck for us.  (Even on vacation, I can't escape from death or what?)

Here's a pic of the scene.
 
 The Rio Grande Gorge, as scene from the bridge. 


We stayed at a hostel called the Abominable Snowmansion in a small village called Arroyo Seco.  It's just outside the Taos Ski Valley.  It was a pretty cool place, very interesting people, and one awesome organic garden. 

We slept in Tipis.  Ours was in the back.  (Another thing I can cross off my bucket list.)

Headed to the Grand Canyon tomorrow.  Will update more, provided I have electricity, internet access, and a few spare moments.

2 comments:

katrocket said...

I would have stayed at the Abominable Snowmansion for the name alone, and then you tell us they have tipis as well?! Freaking excellent!

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Despite the traffic jam, sounds like a great trip. Love the skellie addition. Want to hear more about the tipi experience. And thank you for educating me on the proper spelling. Thought it was tee-pee. I seriously have carried that spelling assumption since I was a kid. I feel like a fool.