Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sexy and I Know It

It's not often that I can pinpoint the time and place where I first heard a song, but for LMFAO's I'm Sexy and I Know it, I got it. I was riding around Lawrence, Kansas with my brother, listening to the radio. I could probably even tell you the date if I wasn't up all night.

Truth is, I pay zero attention to popular music. It's just something I've outgrown as my own tastes have calcified and the snobbery has set in.

But I liked this song. I also happen to like variations on a theme, and after telling all the guys at work about how much I liked the song, they told me about this.

It's Big Head Todd (sorry, no Monsters) doing a blues version.

And it works.

1 comment:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

What's also strange is that LMFAO works. The exaggerated personas, the overdone hair/dress, the neon, the mystery box-head guy that's always on stage, the ridiculous lyrics, the simple songs with infectious beats and electronic samples so perfect one cannot stay still. Oh, and let's not forget the awful band name. Those guys are geniuses. I firmly believe that this was a concept concocted as a joke during a moment of intoxication. And they're laughing all the way to the bank. Genius, I say. And for the record, I can't help but love them. "Sexy and I Know It" makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it. "I work out!". Ridiculously superb.