Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mission Accomplished

It used to be that we watched stupid shit like Attack of the Show or Mythbusters, not dreadful shows by any means, but shows that don't have a lot of meat on them. I don't think I'd watch them at home, sitting on my couch. Not when there's only 24 hours in a day. But if they're on in the background at work, okay.

But now...now, I've managed to make a convincing enough case that we ignore the time-wasters and now watch sports. If the Nuggets are playing, we're watching it. If they're not, we're watching the Avalanche. If neither are playing, we watch whatever NBA game they have on.

It's glorious. I think one guy I work with is a confirmed basketball fan from way back, but he's not the assertive type so he never protested the daily doses of Kevin Pereira. Now that's all changed.

Now I've seen more NBA games this season than I did last year. Now I don't have to wait for the "NBA on NBC" like my no cable-having ass does every year. It's wonderful.

1 comment:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

I'm a "no cable-having ass" too!