Pages

Monday, July 04, 2011

This Month's Emusic Selection

There was an unintentional theme: colors and animal anatomy. First up...

Red Fang - Murder For the Mountains

SeanH turned me onto this band and I like what they do. It's all about the riffage, the beerage, and the beardage. I'm not sure why they picked this song for their latest video --the last 30 seconds are unbearable-- but the video is good cheeky fun.

One thing you'll never see in a Red Fang video, though: Girls.


Black Tusk - Passage Through Purgatory

I admit: I downloaded this record mostly because the name was reminiscent of Red Fang and the cover art was reminiscent of the Baroness records. Turns out, it is indeed a John Baizley painting. And in case you didn't know, Baizley is not only a prolific cover artist, but he's also in Baroness. Talented guy.
If you're not already a fan of this music, though, this Black Tusk record won't make you one.

No comments: