Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Work in Progress

I had to modify my design quite a bit because they didn't have the lumber dimensions I was planning on. (I also went with pressure-treated instead of cedar, but hey...it's the ghetto garden.)
Some day I'm going to chop down that gazebo and use it for firewood. It's jaaaaanky.

I've got a few more of these to build and then somehow, I've got to fill them. Then I'll have to mulch everything else, and that...is going to be a pain in my ass.

The Great Denver Mulch Giveaway has changed up their method. Instead of leaving the gates open for anyone to access the big mulch pile during the appointed hours like they used to, they now have special days on which you can come get it and an actual staff that oversees the operation. I didn't wait in line to see if they were turning away Aurora residents or not.

So I think I'm just going to buy some mulch. It will probably be a better quality anyway.

1 comment:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Lookin' good! I'm impressed. It's hard to tell from this photo, but it looks like you'll still have a lot of space to mulch after the boxes are done. Perhaps do 1/2free stuff, 1/2 purchased?

Also, kudos to you, as it seems you are winning the war you have waged against the squirrels.