Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Identity Found

I bought a book on the Mexican drug war that's going on the other day and inside it had perfect color copies of a woman's important documents: her drivers license, passport, checkcard, and insurance information.

Never met this girl in my life, but I know a lot about her. I know what she looks like, where she lives, her birthday, where she was born, where she banks at, who her doctor is. And since these documents are of the type you'd prepare for a trip to a foreign country and I found them tucked in a book about death in Juarez, I know she was going to Mexico.

Lucky for her, I'm just amused by this unexpected potential goldmine. I'm not actually going to use any of it against her. I could, but I'm not even tempted. I was tempted to send them back to her, but I don't really need an atta-boy. I didn't steal your identity. What an accomplishment!

But still, it's one of the more interesting things I've found in a thrift store book.

No comments: