Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stupid or Cynical?

Franklin Graham is either cynical or stupid.

Witness:
"He can solve this whole birth certificate issue pretty quickly," Graham said. "I was born in a hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. And I know that my records are there; you can probably go and find out what room my mother was in when I was born. I don’t know why he can't produce that. It's an issue it looks like he can answer pretty quickly."
Now if Graham is not aware that "the issue" has already been answered, he's stupid. Indeed, the issue has been answered multiple times. Even the less sophisticated birthers have moved on to conspiracy theories about raised seals and such, the implication being that the questions are being answered, just with unsatisfactory responses.

That's right. Each time birthers are presented with evidence of Obama's birthplace, they say it's not good enough and then demand more. It's almost as if they want you to believe that they can actually be persuaded by evidence, when so clearly they have no intention of being persuaded at all.

No comments: