Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hard Drive Failure

One of my hard drives failed a few weeks ago. It was inevitable. Just as all living things will die, all hard drives will fail. Luckily for me, it was my data drive rather than the one with my operating system. Most of that stuff I had backed up, probably 90% of it, but I did lose the last six months or so of music I downloaded.

Note to self: Back-up more frequently.

Since my back-up disc is my new data disc, I needed a new back-up disc. My plan: get two 500GB internal drives and an enclosure. It's not as convenient as an external drive, but I wanted to leave room for expansion.

So I bought two drives and an enclosure from Microcenter. The enclosure was a piece of shit and the drives didn't work. At first I thought it was because the enclosure was a piece of shit, but no...the drives were DOA.

I returned them the next day and got a damn external drive instead.

No comments: