Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Few Things

1) Today was a genuinely beautiful day. I spent the morning working outside. My original plan was to sit on the back patio and read a book while drinking my morning coffee, but I kept getting distracted by all the unfinished jobs waiting for me. I put down the book and picked up a shovel.

2) While I was at the thrift store yesterday, the first chords of Elton's John's Bennie and the Jets started playing over the loudspeaker. A few seconds later, I heard a muffled voice singing in a perfect falsetto "Bennie! Bennie!" Note that the "Bennie!" part of that song does not occur in the first few bars.

3) In case you were wondering, yes, I am disappointed in the Nuggets playoff performance. Not so disappointed that the Knicks didn't make it either...

No comments: