Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Kilimanjaro

So about that Robot movie, one of the things I loved about it, strangely enough, were the come-from-nowhere musical numbers.

This one was filmed at Macchu Picchu in Peru and is notable for a few reasons:

1) The sheer joy of it. Everyone is smiling. It's fun. Contrast that with your favorite rock god, who looks like he's about to have a coronary every time he rips into a solo.

2) The discreet, culturally appropriate sexual metaphors.
Come like a python and catch this deer
Add a dash of ginger and pepper and drink me like soup
Or
I'm a tree and you're a woodpecker
It sounds strange to a city boy raised on Star Wars and video games, but I know exactly what she's talking about.

2 comments:

Painting workshop said...

I like the video. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

KickinAssTakingNames said...

I, too, am a big fan of "come-from-nowhere musical numbers". So much so, that my inner circle must endure my own occasional spontaneous numbers, which of course revolve around whatever we're doing or talking about at the time. I try to use props if any good ones are handy, and I don't do it in public, so no one is harmed.

That video is hilarious. Especially the rock god.