Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Movie Music

I fart in the general direction of this song:

From Wikipedia:
"The Host of Seraphim" from The Serpent's Egg was used in:

* The film Baraka (1992) over scenes of poverty.
* The 2002 film Ripley's Game starring John Malkovich.
* Parts of Jeremy Clarkson's review of the Ford Fiesta on TV's Top Gear (2002) series 12, episode 6.
* A film trailer for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003).
* The trailer of the Iraq War drama Home of the Brave (2006) starring Curtis Jackson, Samuel L. Jackson, Jessica Biel, and Brian Presley – but not in the actual film.
* Nick Broomfield's war drama, Battle for Haditha (2007) during the helicopter evacuation scene.
* The final scenes of Frank Darabont's big-screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Mist (2007).
* The Japanese CGI film Vexille 2077 Nihon Sakoku (2007).
* The final scenes of Zack Snyder's big-screen adaptation of Kathryn Lasky's Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010).

Oh, it's been used much more than that.

But on the other hand, I think this song is fantastic:
It's not metal, but it is heavy nonetheless.

2 comments:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

That first one is new to me. However, I don't see a ton of movies so that is why. It's rather haunting- I like it. I did happen to see Inception though, and I agree that music is moving and powerful. It really makes me yearn to go to the symphony, which I'm way overdue for. I need a symphony buddy who enjoys it enough that they don't mind shelling out the cash. Too bad you and I don't live in the same town.

James said...

Haunting, yes. But also overused. When I saw it in The Owls of Ga'Hoole, I just had to roll my eyes. It's becoming a cliche.

Funny about the symphony...I just got a flyer from the Colorado Symphony Orchestra the other day and Carmina Burana is on their schedule. "I gotta see that," is what I said.