Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's All Part of The Plan

Here's a great post about what Governor Scott Walker has planned for his state.

This image does this heavy lifting:
Stage 1: Break the unions, delegitimize public workers.

I'm already seeing this happen with the rank and file. If public workers aren't moochers, they're greedy. (Although thankfully, for our sake, not as greedy as Wall Street bankers...)

Stage 2: Cutting Government Services

I know a couple of people for whom this would be catastrophic. Not just single mothers and aging grandparents, but little kids who have no clue how screwed they will be when this happens. I don't believe in relying on the system to butter your bread, but I do believe in relying on the system to make sure there is bread to butter. Cutting government services will undermine that...directly.

Stage 3: Privatizing Assets

And here we go...

This I believe is what motivates a lot of the anti-government sentiment within the power brokers of the Republican Party. They love them some privatization. And you know what? They're only half-right.

Contracting and subcontracting is an efficient way to do many things, but you have to be careful. There are certain things that should be not be contracted out, things like government functions. I don't care who does the landscaping, but don't put me in a jail run by GeoGroup, alright?

All in all, it's a pretty grim plan. I hope it fails.

No comments: