Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Herd Strikes Again

How entrenched is this view on the right that Sheriff Dupnik was out of line when he called out heated political rhetoric after the attempted assassination in his jurisdiction?

Very. It's just taken for granted.

Here's Conor Friedersdorf blogging at Sullivan's place:
Sherrif Dupnik behaved badly in the aftermath of the shooting, and is utterly wrong about what caused it.
The second part I'm not so sure about. And until the trial, I don't see how anyone else can be sure about it either*. (Dupnik, Conor, and myself included.)

As to the "behaved badly" nonsense, stop it. The guy said some disagreeable things. He might have even hurt some feelings. But how the fuck does saying some thing you disagree with at a press conference become "behaving badly?"

You didn't like his remarks in later interviews? Fine! That doesn't mean Dupnik was "behaving badly." That's just you disagreeing with another person. Happens all the time.


* Shortly after the Giffords shooting, Rasmussen released a poll that showed most Americans thought it was a "random act of violence by an unstable person" that had little to no political motivation. I expect the evidence introduced at trial will challenge this notion completely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE MORE I READ YOUR BLOG, THE LESS I WANT TO. YOU, MY BROTHER ARE AN IDIOT!

James said...

I know you are, but what am I?

Oooooh....burn!