Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Few Things

A) Tonight is my last night on the night-shift for a while. I have until Tuesday to figure out a way to stay awake past 3:00PM.

B) My cold effectively ended earlier this week, but I'm still trying to clear my nasal passages and free that last bit of gunk stuck in the bottom of my lungs. I need to find a Russian bath house. Not to show off my Vor tattoos but to take advantage of the steam.

C) I watched Jonah Hex the other day and it really is as bad as they say. The weird thing was the soundtrack, which was composed by Mastodon. Even as I enjoyed it musically, I recognized that it just did not work at all cinematically. To make matters worse, the mix was awful. I watched it on Blu-Ray with some pretty decent speakers and the Mastodon scored action scenes sounded like mud.

D) I also watched the first episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, a "prequel" to the other Spartacus series. It's derivative of 300, Gladiator, and Rome, but it makes up for that with copious amounts of sex and violence. Oh yes, the blood will flow and the breasts will be bared. It's a cheap thrill, I admit, but I'm totally buying it.

4 comments:

KickinAssTakingNames said...

Making sure you're tongue is not stuck to a pole somewhere. I hear it's like the Arctic in your neck in the woods.

Hope you're adjusting to your new schedule. I imagine that sucks.

James said...

Arctic is an understatement. Today I saw a witch's tit out on the street, saying "It's cooooooold!"

And the adjustment has been alright. Today flew by, but we'll see if I can stay up past 7PM. That's when I passed out last night.

James said...

Oh, and watch out for that blizzard. Sounds like a doozy.

KickinAssTakingNames said...

"Epic storm of historic proportions" was somewhat of a bust. Unfortunately. I love freakish weather.