Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some Pics

When I raked up the last bit of hay on my garden beds, I found this massively content earthworm just chilling out on top of the soil. You can tell he gorged himself on all that dirt and was just laying there saying, "Get me a bucket."

And I say, have at it.

Spinach!

How's that song go? Peas, peas, peas, let me get what I want? Lord knows it would be the first time.

Columbines in bloom. First in red.

Then in blue.

Then in deep red.

Lettuce go then, you and I, with the evening spread out against the sky...

But baby since I've bean loving you, I'm about to lose my worried mind. Yeah, oh, yeah.

Not only are the beans sprouting, but so is the corn.

And the chives are flowering.

4 comments:

i am playing outside said...

dude that spinach looks totally delicious.

and you're growing corn? awesome. although squirrels will probably eat it lol

katrocket said...

Niiiiice. Your cheesy captions are killing me though.

James said...

IAPO, I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it myself... I'm growing a lot this year too. Yippee!

Kat, my puns are cheesy, yes, but there's nothing cheesy about Morrisey, TS Eliot, or Led Zeppelin. :)

justacoolcat said...

My chives and strawberries are flowering too. Also, the apricot and cherry trees look to be set for a bumper crop.

The perennials are coming up, but I still haven't planted many of my annuals.