Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bus Drama

Obviously I need to get an earlier bus, or maybe a later one. This dude doesn't know what he's doing.

This drunk lady, a different one from the one with cirrhosis*, tumbled into the crowd during one of his nauseating stops and starts. Then she kept apologizing to me.

Don't apologize to me, lady. It wasn't my toes you stepped on. And it's not the smell of your breath that's making me sick either.

And it was standing room only on the bus. Except for the dude in the wheelchair, who was on the way to pick up his car from the shop. "They better have my car ready, man," I heard him say to his friend, "This is the last bus for me."

I wish I could say that.




* How do I know she has cirrhosis? I'm no doctor, but I can recognize ascites when I see it.

2 comments:

katrocket said...

I just started using public transit again last week. I used to have a pleasant 20 minute walk to work, now I have to navigate through smelly jerks and weirdos. I guess I'm saying that public transit is much the same in every city. So good luck with that, dude.

James said...

It's been interesting, to say the least. I was going to post about my bus experiences again, but I was like...alright, enough with the complaining about the bus.

The side effects have been pretty good. I love the early mornings as the sun is coming up. I'm getting plenty of exercise on my bike. Someone else drives me to work and I won't be getting pulled over by the cops.

So it's all good.