Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

A Little Obama-Bashing

Uncle Jim called me when I was at work yesterday. Usually I'm too busy to pick up the phone, but I had a minute so I took the call. He started to tell me about the latest Obama outrage of the day, but I had no idea what he was talking about. Since I've been listening to Mastodon on CD, I missed all the talk radio chatter. (I alway miss though...talk radio bores me. I'd much rather listen to heavy guitar riffs and some guy screaming himself hoarse about dinosaurs.)

Me and Uncle Jim didn't get very far in our conversation, though, and I hung up still kind of wondering what he did that was so bad. I couldn't find any controversy brewing on the major news sites, save for the passport thing that broke kind of late last night, but this morning, I think I might have found Obama's latest unforgivable sin.

He called his grandmother a "typical white person."

That gaffe was ridden so hard yesterday as proof that Obama isn't fit to be commander-in-chief that even some of the guys at Fox News noticed it. Brian Kilmeade walked off the set in a huff and even Chris Wallace said something about it. Obama-bashing, he called it.

His word, not mine. Check the vids in the link.

Then, as icing on the cake, I got this picture in an e-mail from Uncle Jim.

Obama-bashing?

I replied back to the whole distro, which includes some folks receptive to this kind of clever photoshop satire, "Since when did you start working for Hillary Clinton's campaign, Jimmy?"

Which is pretty much the biggest insult you can give to a George Bush loving Republican.

No comments: